My Favourite things this week…
1. I now have 2 afternoons off from the day job, so I CAN WRITE! And I am using my time as wisely as possible (3000 words in 3 hours!).
2. Matilda (3yrs) got a taste for power whilst singing ‘If you’re happy and you know it’ to her little baby brother. She sang ‘if you’re happy and you know it… clap your hands!’ He clapped his hands. She sang ‘if you’re happy and you know it… stamp your feet’. He stamped his feet. So she then sang ‘if you’re happy and you know it… pull your ears off!’
3. Went to see The Muppets (1st cinema visit this year. Woohoo!). Wasn’t as good as I’d hoped, but still, can’t go wrong with singing chickens.
4. Got caught up in the hype around The Hunger Games movie, so read the book (actually the person inside my iPod read it to me whilst I worked, but we needn’t be picky. If audiobooks count as reading, then I’ve read a dozen books this year so far!). Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to ‘reading’ the next one (and hoping it doesn’t have quite so much emphasis on ‘what I’m wearing’).
5. Found a story I don’t remember writing, which will make a nice addition to the collection of picture books me and Laura are working on.
A few other posts you might find interesting: